The Datapath x4 is a stand alone display wall controller that accepts a standard single or Dual-Link DVI input and can flexibly display this across four output monitors. Each output can be driven as DVI or analogue RGB and can represent an arbitrary crop region of the original input image. The output resolution and frame rate does not need to be related to that of the input as the Datapath x4 will optionally upscale and frame-rate convert each cropped region independently. Additionally each output can be independently mirrored or rotated through 90° 180° or 270° to support creative mixes of landscape and portrait monitors.
At high resolution DVI signals cannot normally be guaranteed beyond 5m cables due to the nature of the signal losses inherent in the DVI cables and connectors. Datapath have added active equalisation hardware on the x4 which is able to compensate for these losses and support cable lengths of up to 20m even at full Dual-Link resolutions (330Mhz pixel clocks). Lower resolutions will allow even longer cable lengths.
• Supports full bezel width and height correction for all types of displays.
• Ideal for use with edge blending projectors – supports image overlapping.
• Splits a single DVI input into four independent monitor outputs.
• Accepts Dual-Link DVI Single Link DVI or HDMI input.
• Supports both DVI and analogue RGB output monitors.